Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christianity, and the Law of Attraction

After almost two years, and much soul searching, I have decided to come back to writing on this site. While I was "away" I was reading a lot of books, and doing research in a lot of areas. I can honestly say I am no expert in these areas, but I have learned some valuable lessons, that I feel compelled to share.

In June of 2013 I saw a movie, titled "The Secret", which talks about a process called the law of attraction. The law of attraction talks about the nature of energy, and the power of the mind to attract the life you desire. For some, this is thought of as a joke. For others, this has become the starting place of their journey to success. For even more people, they feel this is taking God out of our lives. This is what I wanted to talk about with today's blog.

I know that the premise of the law of attraction sounds a little too much like eastern religion, or in Star Wars the force, but the truth is, that the law of attraction transcends anything religious. Like gravity, the law of attraction is just a law of nature. There is no turning it off, or on. It is always there, whether you believe in it or not, and it's always working. It is a perfect system that allows us to create our lives.

So if this is not taking God out of the equation, how does it fit into the Christian life style? The Bible verse I have come to adopt as a mantra for life is Mark 11:24. It says, "Whatever you desire, when you pray, believe you have received it, and it shall be yours." This is the essence of creating your life, and the law of attraction. Does this take God out of the picture? Of course not!

Here is one of the conclusions I came up with during my research. God created the law of attraction to help us live life to our fullest potential. As I described it, the law of attraction is a PERFECT SYSTEM. It is to perfect to have happened by chance; there is obviously an intelligence behind it. Very few people have taken full advantage of this system, but they have learned to use it for success, and so can we.

So why is it important for us, as Christians, to learn such a system? It has to do with working with the full potential God has created in us to be examples for the world of what God can do for everyone. At the end of the first chapter, of the book The Science of Getting Rich, Wallace Wattles says, "You can render to God and humanity no greater service than to make the most of yourself." If we don't strive to reach our full potential, we might as well tell God, "Sorry, but you made a mistake."

There is no way I could use this blog to give you everything about reaching your full potential, and how the law of attraction could help you to do so, but I would be honored if you would use this as a starting point in your search, just as I used The Secret as mine. I would also recommend you get a copy of the book "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles to help with learning. It's worth it.

Allen

I hope to do at least one to two blogs per week, and Sundays are one of them. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment